Our site has always maintained a BRC Grade 'A' Standard for Food Safety.
The Global Standard for Food Safety sets out the requirements for the manufacture of processed foods and the preparation of primary products supplied as retail branded products, branded food products and food ingredients for use by food service companies, catering companies and food manufacturers.
Legislation covering food safety differs in detail worldwide, but generally requires food businesses:
• to ensure the presence of a detailed specification which is lawful and consistent with
compositional and safety standards and good manufacturing practice.
• to ensure they satisfy themselves that their suppliers are competent to produce the specified
product, comply with legal requirements and operate appropriate systems of process control.
• from time to time to make visits, where practical, to verify the competence of their suppliers
and receive the result of any other audit of the supplier's system for that purpose.
• to establish and maintain a risk-assessed programme for product examination, testing or analysis.
• to monitor and act upon customer complaints.